Our volunteer network is made up of hundreds of highly-skilled attorneys, doctors, counselors, and other professionals who donate their time and expertise to help us further our mission. This talented group of professional volunteers at American Gateways significantly amplifies the impact of your donation.
American Gateways’ panel of more than 300 volunteer attorneys brings the region’s best legal minds to bear in support of our clients. All pro bono attorneys with American Gateways will have access to one-on-one mentorship, regular trainings, office support, and the latest legal resources. To learn more, sign up below or contact Edna Yang. ATTORNEY VOLUNTEER FORM
Beyond legal casework, American Gateways has a number of volunteer opportunities, ranging from translation and interpretation services, to administrative work, to psychological counseling and forensic medical exams. To learn more, sign up below or contact Sarahi Calderon.
We offer internships to undergraduate, graduate, and law students in the fall, spring, and summer terms. All internship opportunities are located in our Austin office. See the application schedules & deadlines below.
- Fall Term:
- Graduate & Law Students: May 30 – July 1
- Undergraduate Students: July 1 – August 1
- Spring Term:
- Graduate & Law Students: November 1 – December 1
- Undergraduate Students: December 1 – January 15
- Summer Term:
- Graduate & Law Students: December 1 – February 28
- Undergraduate Students: February 28 – April 30
For AmeriCorps VISTA Members:
American Gateways is seeking two AmeriCorps VISTA members to join our team for one year, beginning July 2021.
Click here for detailed VISTA member position information.
- Step 1: Apply through the AmeriCorps VISTA system (positions linked in document above)
- Step 2: Submit supplementary application materials to American Gateways:
- Cover letter and résumé to: email@example.com. Please indicate position title in subject line.
- Complete supplemental application (four brief questions)